Over 65 years serving our customers
NR Barton can trace its story back to 1948, when founder Norman Richard Barton opened the firm from offices in King Street, Wigan. Roger Mason joined in 1962, becoming a partner in 1970 when the firm moved to 20 Bridgeman Terrace (we now occupy 19 and 21 too!). The firm continued to grow throughout the 1970s and 1980s, building on its core client base of local small and medium sized businesses.
David Shirley, who had joined NR Barton in 1976, became a partner in 1983, with Graham Potter arriving as partner in 1996. John Schofield joined the practice as a partner in 2001. Adrian Farrimond, who had joined the firm in 2001 as a manager, became our fourth partner in 2007. Following almost 50 years’ service, Roger retired in 2007, with Cathy Rogers joining to become our fifth partner. Neil Whittingham qualified in 2006 and joined NR Barton as a manager a year later, becoming our sixth partner in 2014.
back to top >>