What’s your company worth?
It’s relatively common for businesses to seek a valuation either of the total worth of the company or of the owners’ shares – either ahead of a sale process, for restructuring, or as part of a refinancing strategy. But the fact that only one in three SME owners has a clear idea of the market value of their assets underlines the point that assessing the value of a business and, therefore, the shares in it is no easy or simple task.
Arriving at an accurate valuation can depend on many factors. These could include:
- Current market conditions
- Recent sale values of companies similar to yours
- The size of your business
- Your prospects for future growth
- The extent to which your business diversifies or specialises
- The quality and quantity of your customers
- Your track record in profitability
- The size and certainty of cashflow
- The strength of your balance sheet
- Your overall financial management history
Alongside hand picked specialist advisors, NR Barton is able to work with you to take you through all these variables and secure a robust valuation that stands up to scrutiny by all stakeholders in the process in which you’re involved.
back to top >>