Our Audit and Accounts team provides an assortment of business support services to individuals and businesses of varying entity types, covering a vast array of sectors and specialisms. Supporting the partners to deliver a quality service to a portfolio of clients, the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Managing a growing and varied portfolio of clients, ensuring that all compliance regulations are adhered to and meeting the firm’s standards for client service delivery
- Building and maintaining credible and long term client relationships through regular contact and spotting opportunities to add value, liaising with other departments as appropriate
- Listening to clients, understanding their needs and providing solutions, getting it right first time
- Ensuring work is adequately resourced, giving due regard to staff continuity where appropriate, planning own and others time to maximum efficiency
- Preparing and supervising the preparation of annual accounts, management accounts, Vat returns and other ad hoc work for a variety of entity types
- Reviewing planning, field work and completion of statutory and other audits in a variety of industries, including substantial groups and specialist sectors
- Giving clear and unambiguous instructions to staff on assignments, ensuring staff are suitably trained and supervised, providing feedback at the end of an assignment
- Completing assignments for partner/director review and highlighting issues for discussion with the client, ensuring partners/directors are fully briefed well in advance of key meetings and presentations
- Attending and positively contributing to client meetings, presenting accounts, tax and other work in a clear and confident manner
- Reviewing and authorising personal tax returns as appropriate
- Reviewing work in progress, debtors and fee budgets on a monthly basis, reporting any variances from target to the relevant partner/director
- Assisting in business development work, including writing technical articles, blogs and networking
- Contributing as a team player, acting ethically and with professionalism whilst creating a friendly and positive working environment
- Communicating the firm’s values and objectives both externally and internally in a positive and motivational manner
We are seeking a positive and enthusiastic candidate who is committed to providing outstanding client service, whilst concurrently taking responsibility for their own personal development. The successful candidate will be able to communicate with clients and colleagues in a professional manner, and be a good team player, to ensure the team as a whole meets its objectives.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be at least 2 years post qualified with experience of managing audit and non audit clients
- Have a sound technical knowledge and experience of taxation principles, accounting and auditing standards
- Have experience of review and preparation of accounts for a variety of entities
- Have experience of managing assignment teams and providing feedback and training to individuals
- Be an effective communicator with clients, contacts and fellow team members in the manner and pace appropriate to the audience
- Have a strong commercial awareness
- Have great attention to detail
- Be solutions focussed
- Demonstrate flexibility in working practices to support client needs
Strong IT skills are essential in this role, with candidates ideally being competent in all Microsoft packages as well as accounts production, audit and corporation tax software, and preferably some experience of cloud based accounting software.
We are looking to recruit as soon as possible and will make an appointment as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
To apply, please send your CV to Paul Murphy here.