Careers at NR Barton
People are the main strength of NR Barton. Both professionally and personally a career with NR Barton is the chance to thrive, develop, and grow into the best person you can be.
We have a team of over 40 partners and staff and we’re able to offer a dynamic working environment that will challenge and reward you to push yourself beyond your comfort zone.
At NR Barton everyone counts.
Hours: Full time with study leave
Salary: Dependent on skills and experience, fully funded study package
Benefits: We are an approved employer providing the best level of apprenticeship training toward the AAT qualification. We have high levels of staff engagement and a popular staff social scene with subsidised events throughout the year.
Supporting our accounts and book-keeping team to deliver a the best service to a range of clients, the main duties of this role will be to help undertake book-keeping and accounting assignments, working on a wide range of client businesses.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Preparing annual accounts and management accounts for sole traders, partnerships, limited companies and LLP’s.
- Production of accounts from core records including integration with the latest cloud technology such as Xero and Receipt Bank
- Preparing draft tax computations alongside the accounts work
- Liaising with clients in a confident and professional manner
- Preparing draft VAT returns
The successful applicant will need the ability to plan and prioritise their own workload and be able to communicate with clients and colleagues in a professional manner to ensure the team as a whole meets its objectives.
Applicants should also possess the following:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) grades A* – C including Maths and English
- Willingness to combine the demands of a full-time role whilst studying for further qualifications.
- Flexibility in approach to tasks.
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to use professional judgement where appropriate.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Have an aptitude for figures and an interest in business and commerce.
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel and IT applications.
We are looking to recruit as soon as possible and will make an appointment as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Meet the team
Learn more about our current experienced and friendly team and why working about NR Barton will help you to reach your potential.
Have a question?
We’re here to help. Contact us and we’ll be in touch.