Supporting our business services team to deliver a high-quality service to a range of clients on a timely basis, the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Assisting clients with the transition of their accounting systems from manual or desktop based systems onto the latest cloud based systems (Xero) including incorporation of integrated applications (Receipt Bank, Fluidly, Syft, Xavier, Hubdoc, ApprovalMax etc.)
- Designing client digital transition maps and taking ownership of the process with full reporting responsibility to clients and supervising partners
- Taking ownership and responsibility with the Digital Services Partners for the development of the firm’s service offering across the digital accounting spectrum
- Designing and delivering training across the practice to both staff and clients on the latest of cloud accounting technology
- Working across other departments in the practice to assist in the enhancement of our digital knowledge and skills across the firm
- Preparing assignments to strict deadlines (accounts, tax, briefing notes), reporting either directly to director/partner or on more complex assignments to senior manager
- Liaising with the director/partner or manager to organise assignments (book with clients and organise staff)
- Giving clear, unambiguous instructions to staff on assignments, ensuring they are suitably trained and supervised
- Highlighting issues which the manager/partner needs to discuss with the client
- Reviewing work in progress and fee budgets on monthly basis, reporting variances from billing target to manager/partner
- Arranging progress meetings with managers/directors/partners/clients on timely basis
- Manage own fee targets, prepare own budgets and bills for manager/partner approval
- Provide staff with feedback at the end of the assignments using the Firm’s IPD framework documentation
- Identify when staff members may need support, provide support and refer issues where appropriate to relevant line manager
We are seeking a positive and enthusiastic candidate who is committed to providing outstanding client service, whilst concurrently taking responsibility for their own personal development. The successful candidate will be able to communicate with clients and colleagues in a professional manner, and be a good team player, to ensure the team as a whole meets its objectives.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be ACA / ACCA qualified / nearly qualified / qualified by experience
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ audit experience in an accountancy practice with a variety of clients
- Be up to date on their technical knowledge of Auditing and Financial Reporting Standards
- Be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and to tailor communication appropriately
- Have experience in developing client relationships and understanding client service standards
- Be flexible to work additional hours in order to meet deadlines or unforeseen problems
- Be respectful and professional, speaking positively of others
- Have excellent attention to detail and a strong commercial awareness
Strong IT skills are essential in this role, with candidates being market leaders in digital accounting knowledge and mindset. A good working knowledge of all Microsoft packages as well as accounts production, audit and corporation tax software will be advantageous.
We are looking to recruit as soon as possible and will make an appointment as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
To apply, please send your CV to Paul Murphy here.